Wednesday, February 02, 2005

 

Mr. Frisky

Around Christmas, a stray cat arrived at our door. Literally. We opened the door, the cat ran in, went up the stairs, and plopped himself on our couch, like he had lived here all his life. I've never had a cat, so I guess that makes me a non-cat-person. In fact, I really was in the market for a Yorkshire Terrier.

Now for the tricky part, the kids like him. So, Mr. Frisky has become a temporary member of our family. I warn the children that cats come and go, that Mr. Frisky may decide to up and leave without warning. In the meantime, I alerted our humane society of Mr. Frisky's "finding" to see if his "parents" might come forward. They haven't. I don't blame them. Cats are peculiar creatures, finding odd hours of the night to create noise and havoc. But the kids like him.

So, I'm adding new elements to my daily chores...feeding the cat, watering the cat, and cleaning the liter box. I'm learning about exciting new products, like clumping kitty litter and cat food with tantalizing blends of meat, chicken and salmon. Mr. Frisky has added a little excitement to our boring Pennsylvania winter. We take things day by day. Did I mention that I'm allergic to cats?



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf