Friday, April 15, 2005

 

The Best Laid Plans...

Well, the quilt didn't get basted. And now it will have to wait until my return. I leave for Paducah on Sunday morning. I'll be there for a week. My class schedule includes Appraisal Classes, Fair Market Value, Restoration, and Fabric Dating. I'll be studying with Chris Moline, Carol Butzke, Bobbie Aug and Gerald Roy..... As the Wayne's World guys would say..."I'm not worthy!" Seriously, I'm nervously looking forward to a week's worth of classes (and some down time for the show too).

"Nervously?" #1 Reason...I am a first class weenie. I haven't flown in 12 years...Really, I just had nowhere to go. It will take 3 planes to get thee to Paducah. It is not an easy place to get to. I've never been in a plane smaller than a 737, and a couple of these planes are puddle jumpers. The folks at the hotel said not to count on a cab, so I rented a car. I've never rented a car before. #2 Reason...I am leaving my husband and 2 boys to go it alone. In the perfect Type A personality style, I have left a week's schedule on the 'frig. I started grocery shopping purchasing such staples as frozen pizza, Dinty Moore Beef Stew, pre-cooked ribs, chicken nuggets, pre-mashed potatoes, Pop-Tarts, cereals, and plenty of peanut butter. By the time I get home, they should be so full of additives, they'll be glowing. Husband is so supportive of my quilty education....his only request, being a Southern boy, "Can you bring me some decent biscquits and gravy?"

I'll be taking 2 antique quilt tops to class, plus an old quilt of my husband's great grandmother that is nearly trashed. Thought maybe I'd get some ideas on how to give it a decent burial or chop it up and frame blocks for my husband and his siblings.

So this blog will be silent until April 25th when it's back to normal...till the next quilt show!

Comments:
I will not be in Paducah this year...so enjoy...curious...where will you fly into? Does Paducah have an airport???!!!!! Its a 4 hour drive from Louisville.
 
Have a great time in Paducah...I hope you'll post all about your classes when you get back!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf