Sunday, April 03, 2005

 

The Lost Weekend

The Quilter's Heritage Celebration was in town. Time for my lost weekend. First, I met my new friend Magdalen for breakfast and we sailed through the show. I swear, it gets more packed every year. But given the choice, I'd rather be packed with quilters than "civilians". No matter where you are, you can strike up a lovely conversation! I went back to the show on Saturday morning. Had to see Quilt National again (one of my life goals is to make something worthy of being accepted). Also wanted to see the Women of Biblical Proportions exhibit again. Bought the CD of the exhibit. The quilts just spoke to me.

So in between helping one son with algebra and another son with science, I got the rest of the leaves on the Purple Martin quilt. I also decided to fuse some ivy leaves to the post of the birdhouse. I also got 6 bird appliques ready...I think I'll make one more though. Once I applique those badboys down, I'm ready to get quilting. I may actually make my deadline! By the way...the house did not get cleaned. A little dirt is good for the soul.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf