Wednesday, May 11, 2005

 

A Girl's Gotta Do What a Girl's Gotta Do

.
Between yesterday and today, I've dyed 30 yards of fabric. I have also ruined 2 sets of underpants. I'm a messy dyer. Sure, I can do the sweet neat baggie thing, but nothin' beats gettin' in there elbow deep with my Playtex Living Gloves! Had my annual Gyn appointment at noon and had to explain the colors all over myself. Since I only dye during decent weather, I have to really go for the gusto from time to time until it gets too cold. I did 15 yards of unbleached and 15 yards of bleached mercerized. I have one more load to go in the washer and then it's to the ironing board. Now I have some fabric for the website, which I hope to get up next week.

Comments:
Wow, Jo, you really are a dyeing fiend! Look at all that beautiful fabric! Jen
 
Those colors are so beautiful hanging there on your line!
 
Those are colors are delish!! I love the magenta to mango blends.

You dye in your undies???

I have my jeans and tshirts ruined.
 
Your fabric looks awesome and is very inspiring. I hope to dye some fabric this summer.
 
Well now that you have ruined those undies, Jo, wash them and put them in the drawer until the next dying day....but, like Debra, I wondered, in your undies - just - or was some other clothing ruined, too? if so, treat as suggested for undies.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf