Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

We Have Lift-Off

.
The Martin quilt is finished. Sewed on the binding and label while sitting at Hawk Mountain, waiting for my son at a scout meeting. It was such a beautiful day, I didn't realize I was roasting my arms. On Monday, I took it down to the folks at Lancaster Heritage and turned it over to the lovely Helene Tingle...a fabulous supporter of the arts. Many of the other artists invited to participate in the project are decorating actual wooden martin houses made by a local Amish craftsman. I got to see many of them and they are wonderful.

The opening of the Purple Martin House Project is Friday, June 3, at 5PM. If you're in the 'hood, you really should come see the houses, hooked rugs, quilts and redware--all with the Purple Martin House theme!

Comments:
First of all you have my undying respect for being able to work on a project for three months. That sounds like an impossibility to me, with my short attention span. Secondly the quilt is truly lovely and so well designed. What are the dimensions? And can we have a close up view of the applique' and quilting?
 
Yay! Thanks for sharing your process with us throughout its creation.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf