Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

Leftovers are Good


Decided to make something with the leftovers from the One-Yard Hearts class. Free-cutting, fused, wave quilted with variegated thread. I really love the freedom of just cutting up fused fabric and playing with it. Problem is, like everyone else, I seldom give myself the luxury of time. Too many things to do, deadlines to meet, cats to neuter (just one today...Lucky isn't so lucky today).

But I will take time later today to attend the Reading Fair....Ah yes, a truly cultural event. Ending with what is touted as the "World's Largest Demolition Derby" tonight at 7:30. The upside is that I will have the opportunity to risk food poisoning and artery disease by feeding my family "fair food" tonight. Also, we'll get to see what the locals have to offer in prize-winning zuchini. The downside is that my kids will insist on riding fair rides that have been put together by some scary looking individuals.

Fairs are a big deal in these parts. Every little town or borough has their own, complete with prizes of $3 for "Best" whatever. They are truly a slice of life and an interesting place to people watch. So I hope to have some pics tomorrow!

Comments:
I really like this piece. The colors just jump out and grab you. Nice job!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf