Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

The Purple Martin Gala

The Purple Martin House Project final auction and gala was held at a lovely spot in Lancaster. Here I am with the nice folks from the Museum. The room was decked out in all of it's purple finery, with delicious munchies and purple martin martinis (which went down waaaay too easy!)
.
.
The auction consisted of 33 items. Most of them were Purple Martin Houses made by a local Amish craftsman and painted by the artists. We were also permitted to execute the theme in our own medium.
.
.
One of the many amazing pieces was a redware martin house.
.
Here I am saying goodbye to my quilt. It went to a nice family.
.
The auction fetched $45K for the Museum and I was so honored to be a part of the project.

Comments:
Nice quilt. I love the colors. It must feel good contributing to a worthy cause.
 
That is great! I know how hard you worked on your piece and I'm glad it was all worthwhile!!!!
 
I finally saw the photo of your quilt in Fiber Arts ( I catch up on my magazines on the plane) Very impressive, congratulations on the auction too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf