Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

Junk Day

.

I couldn't decide if this image looked like a scene from Sanford & Son or the Beverly Hillbillies. This truck is enroute to Ephrata Recycling. DH finally decided to clean out stuff and take it to the dump. Items include his beloved gas grill that finally bit it this past summer, old patio set, rusted Radio Flyer wagon, various computer guts, and my file cabinet that collapsed on itself about a month ago.

It is truly a very cleansing act. The garage is already looking better.

Next cleanout is a piece I lovingly call Caesura.
.
It lacks...well, everything. It has been hanging here on the Block Butler for a year. I started hand quilting it, but stopped. I am going to try some paint or something. I just don't know. There is something I like about it, but the size is all wrong. It just needs some sort of resolution. Possibly as a new cat blanket.

And last but not least....
.
This is a quilt I made for the sole purpose of having something to handquilt when I do demo days at the Textile Museum. I love the colors, but I made a bad choice in batting. It is difficult to hand quilt between the tight weave of the batik and this batting from hell. Actually after doing a 3 hour quilting shift, my hand just aches. So last night when I should have been sleeping, I was secretly plotting to disect the quilt. This kills me, but is necessary. I will take out all of the handquilting I've done so far, spray it down to tighten up the weave and get some of the water-soluable marks off, get a new batting (I'm thinking about using one of the new Heritage Collection from Mountain Mist, either Touch of Wool or Touch of Cashmere), hand baste it (which I despise...I love my safety pins), and start again. It must be done...it is messing with my chi.

Comments:
Welcome back to blog world! I love these colors!
 
Also, I like the quilt Caesura...it seems to be waiting for a creeping vine in applique.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf