Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

My Guilty Pleasure

.

Okay...I love creating art and interesting, soulful pieces...
But if you want mindless instant gratification...Nothing beats the embroidery module on my sewing machine. Pull a design, burn it to a CD, suck it into the sewing machine, hoop your fabric, press a button and sip coffee. It tells you when you need to change thread colors. I love the pretty thread colors. Sulky is so pretty. I know everyone is using Isacord these days (I have some of that too), but I really love Sulky.

The above pic is the start to a center to a toaster cover/tea cozy class sample. My goal is to see how many interesting toaster covers/tea cozys I can make without going plum crazy. I decided to start with something rather traditional and move on to something dangerous

.

Here is the finished design. I really am a sewing machine junkie. These new machines are just way too much fun. I figure it this way...I don't buy tons of clothes, go to bars (much), or spend lots of $ getting stuff done to my hair or nails. This is my guilty pleasure...Sewing machines, fabric and thread.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf