Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

Death & Taxes

.
It is 1:30 in the afternoon. I've been awake since 3:30 AM. And Uncle Sam has been the cause of my sleeplessness. Because we own a small company, taxes (really the recordkeeping of the taxes) take a huge bite of my time. I do all of the quarterly payroll & sales tax for the company. At the end of the year, I roll it all up and send it to our accountant to do the year end returns. So, in the wee hours of the morning, I start churning about getting all of the paperwork, files, spreadsheets, etc. ready for the accountant. So downstairs I headed and began slogging through the work. I've been working steadily all morning...the result is pictured above. A whole year of my life is now in this Fed Ex envelope. Kind of depressing.

The good news is that it is done. I have a clean slate work-wise. I hope to get some quilt work completed now....but must have large cup of coffee first!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf