Monday, February 20, 2006

 

Practice

.
Here is my accomplishment for Saturday, when I volunteered at the museum...doing a machine quilting demo. With me were Cindy Garman (a fab hand-quilter) and Betty Jean (doing bobbin lacemaking). This is the poor quilt that was handquilted and then ripped out (see the January blog entry on "Junk Day". Nylon smoke thread on top and metrosene on the back. I drew the spine and kind of "winged it" on the feathers. A few feathers are a bit wonky, but this is practice and I don't care too much.

My goal is to get ready for the large quilt I'm making for the Museum to auction off. I don't do this kind of more heirloom-esque machine quilting often, so I need to get in the groove.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf