Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

I've Outgrown the Block Butler

.
Got the inner border on this morning. Wrestling this quilt is beginning to be a problem. I'm at 70" now with another 20" to go.

Now...to re-dye the borders. I am going to try to overdye the 3 yard piece I dyed with the original lot and maybe a new 3 yard piece of Kona bleached PFD. Purple...My favorite color anyway...Maybe with some hints of the dark blue and fuschia. But of course...I must yield to the dye. There are no guarantees. I held up some commercial batiks I had on hand to see what looks best and the purple really won out. It corrals the other action.

This is the point in the process where my brain starts thinking about the actual quilting. I'm sure I'll be stewing about this when I should be sleeping. That's what usually happens. What color thread? What pattern? Will I mess it up?

I have enough of the mustard color to do a piped binding, so I might do that too.

Well, off to the dye pit.

Comments:
will you quilt this under a sewing machine or on a long arm?

it has great colour that pops this design!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf