Monday, March 20, 2006

 

The Yellow Had to Go

.
Too much yellow/tan...it had to go. I struggled with where to go. Even enlisted comments from DH on this. He didn't like the yellow from the beginning, but like a supportive spouse kept his comments to himself. Whatta guy.

The cat also helped make a design decision...

While the quilt was on the wall, he jumped at it and put 1/4" hole in the center. Hence the square in the center. So the next logical choice was to have some continuity to keep your eye moving around. I machine appliqued the center square and the setting triangles using nylon thread and a skinny buttonhole stitch. I then squared everything up and trimmed the fabric from behind.

I need to gain another 30" in size on this quilt. So the next step is a wonky striped border and then a larger outer border (I need to dye more fabric for the border).

My goal is to have the top completed and basted by the end of the month. That will leave three weeks in April (as I'm going to Paducah for a week) for the quilting. Then finishing the first 2 weeks of May before it comes due on May 15.

Discipline is going to be key here. So, today...I am working on work stuff this morning and then the quilt this afternoon. Stay tuned.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf