Sunday, April 23, 2006

 

Paducah - Day 1

Paducah is not an easy place to get to. From Harrisburg, you fly to Detroit, then to Memphis, then to Paducah. After spending all day on the plane, I got to the Barkley Regional Airport (think TV show "Wings" and you have the idea). Since I'm about 5 miles away from the heart of the action in downtown Paducah, I have rented a trusty "steed". I present the Daewoo.
.

Here is a lesson in economics... Small town is deluged once a year with 35,000 quilters. They come from all over. The only car rental place in town is Hertz at the Barkley Regional Airport. They have a small fleet of Daewoos. During Quilt Week, these little beauties rent for $329 per week for this fine example of automotive excellence.

Next, we have the Baymont. Today, the parking lot is nearly empty. In 2 days, you will have trouble finding a spot.

.

I've been with the Baymont for 2 years. You have to make reservations this year, in hopes of getting a room next year. I am not a happy camper this year, however. I got bumped into a smoking room. It absolutely stinks. I have emptied a half bottle of Febreze heavy duty, plus the Febreze Air Spray. It smells better now. Like flowers, citrus, & cigarette smoke. Ugh.

Anyway, here are tomorrow's festivities. 9AM-4:30 PM Quilt Appraisal Class at MAQS with Gerald Roy and Bobbie Aug (they are wonderful). 6PM MAQS Friends Event at the Museum. 7PM Dinner with some of my appraisal class friends from last year. Time to get my gear ready for tomorrow and get some zzzzzz's.

Comments:
Jo, I know the chances are slim but I hope I'll run into you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf