Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

Paducah - Day 2

Started my day with a short jaunt to the River (the Ohio). Just plain big.
.
.
Bordering the River is a painted wall, detailing Paducah's history. I'm guessing that the wall is intended to keep back a rising river, however, I wouldn't want to count on it. Nuthin's gonna stop that river if it decides to overflow!
.
I spent most of the day at the Museum, retaking my Insurance Appraisal class. The museum is a wonderful place, and the quilts on display there are breathtaking. Right now, in addition to modern quilts, they have a display of Anita Shackleford's Red & Green antique quilts. A very nice representation. You can't take pics inside the museum...so here is the outside.
.
Here is a pic of the quilt I brought for my friend Sue. We did an appraisal on it and it did kind of stump many of us on how to place value on it because it is an antique top that has been newly quilted. Two things going on at once, which makes it tricky.
.
Last, here is the Trolley preparing to take quilters through the various stops in Paducah. This town really knows how to treat the quilters. Every business has quilts in the windows and are overly helpful. Had dinner at a place called Max's in town with some of my quilter cronies. Excellent wood-fired chiken pizza!

.

Tuesday brings Day 2 of the Insurance Appraisal Class, a quick trip to the Rotary Club show after class (currated by my Appraisal teachers from their collections), and a Preview of the show at the Executive Inn after that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf