Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Woo Hoo!

.
.
I ended up only 2 days late on the deadline. Delivered the finished project on Wednesday, May 17. The quilt will spend the summer at Lancaster Newspaper's office and then will be auctioned off in September. They have a lovely opening nite on Friday, June 2 if you happen to be in the hood!

So my DH says, "So what are you going to do now?" A tough question. Because this quilt took so long to make I haven't given it too much thought. All I've thought about for the past several months is making the deadline on it. I have much work to do toward getting AQS certification for appraisals. I really need to get some quilt ideas out of my head and onto paper or, better yet, cloth. I need to help my kids study for finals. I need to get my eyes checked. I need to embroider Turning Point logos onto some summer shirts for the staff so they don't sweat to death. Among other things. But DH is great, helping me clean up the sewing room, moving some of the stuff, and letting Roomba the robotic vacuum cleaner do its thing. I picked up the sewing machine yesterday and will now try to clean up the rest of my room and re-group. You will notice I have not said a lick about housework!;)

Comments:
Beautiful, beautiful quilt. Congratulations on finishing. Hope it auctions for a bundle!
 
Ditto on the beauty of it! and when someone asks "what's next?" i take that to mean they are excited about what you will create based on how wonderful they see the piece you just finished!
 
The quilt's beautiful and Roombas are too much fun. My friend has one and I'll admit that watching it do its job is way too much fun!
 
Well that should turn up the heat at the auction! Amazing colors, but I think I love the wavy lines the most - very unusual. You have truely found your own voice and created a unique work of art. As for your rumminations about what to do after, I can relate! For me there's always a sense of let-down after I go all out and then finish a really big and demanding project. I think it's a natural part of the artistic process, unavoidable. I guesss we just have to get through and do our best to get onto another project that really captures our passion as quickly as possible. Thanks for stopping by my blog too!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf