Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

Vacation

We haven't taken a real vacation in some time. A "real" vacation is one where two of the 4 days don't need to involve a Saturday & Sunday. This will be a real exercise, but we have 3 good employees who work hard and will hold down the fort. Of course, we'll be electronically connected. I just want to sit in the sand, look at the ocean, maybe sketch and have cocktails. Poor Lucky is off to the kennel. Last time, he was depressed and lost some weight. And this cat who is usually planning to attack me at any time is unusually subdued today. I think he knows it's coming.

Anyway, no pics today, as DH has the camera. I have been working on placemats for a class sample. I made 3: different styles & finishes. Then I looked at what I had originally said we would do in class and it has nothing to do with the 3 I made. I'm an idiot. So I'm going to follow my own directions and make what I promised this afternoon.

I made reservations for the American Quilt Study Group's Seminar in CT this October. I've never been to it, but am told that it will be a terrific learning experience. Although I have a hotel room for AQS in Paducah next year, I don't think I'm going. Instead, I'll go to the next Seminar that is at the Univ. of Nebraska I think. I like going to Paducah, but it is expensive and since I won't be testing for certification any time soon, I think I'll pass for 2007. Need to broaden my appraising horizons for a bit and I think Seminar is a good place to go.

So that's about it for now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf