Saturday, August 26, 2006

 

The Latest Addition to the Family


This is quilting related, believe it or not. We live in a little house when compared to our family's varied interests and need for space (1400 sq. feet). Anyway, this shed will house a bunch of stuff which by its absence will allow me to move my studio (again) and maybe even get a dye sink. That would be so sweet.

So I'm looking forward to moving/tossing/rearranging stuff so that I can move. The only things I'll share in my new location is the washer/dryer (which is okay), the cat's litter box (which I'll put up with because he is pretty tidy & doesn't smell), and the freezer (an upright). All of the other stuff will be sewing related or it will be G-O-N-E.

We had a horrible accident with the freezer this week. Somehow it got unplugged and was in that state for a couple of days. Everything in it was ruined. Just awful. So my son & I took it all out to the burn pile and set it on fire. Smelled like a big BBQ. The neighbors probably wondered what we were doing down here.

Tomorrow I'm working on a video shoot. We're shooting 5 commercials in one day, with 5 actors and two locations. I have to cook a "stunt turkey" for the commercial dealing with Thanksgiving. This morning we were dyeing Easter eggs for that particular spot. It's going to be a long day, but this is what buys wooden sheds and increased space.

I need to get back to a project on the design wall, which I haven't shown here yet because I'm not sure if it's worthy of photography. It's made with scraps from the auction quilt (which has a bid now). This morning, I worked on accounting stuff so that the CPA can look at everything and give us some advice for the rest of the year. It may involve trading in my van and getting something new for the business. We went out looking yesterday and I'm still in "sticker shock". Very tiring, overwhelming, and depressing. My car has 115,000 on it and has been fine (we've had good luck with Toyotas), but I know its time is drawing to a close. And I've always had trouble judging distance in it. Ugh..I hate even talking about it here.

Think I'll sew. The solution for all of the world's problems.

Comments:
I drove my 82 Camry for 15 years before I gave it to my brother. When I gave it to him it had 295,000 miles on it. He is still driving it. We've had 5 Toyotas and they are easy on the pocketbook.

What do you do that you're making commercials?
 
I love your new work space. I really wish I had anything that nice looking to go to everyday to do my work. Linda
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf