Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Fabric Dyeing Tomorrow

Tonight I'm going to prewash 15 yards to dye tomorrow. The weatherguys are talking 80 degree temps, which is lovely for fabric dyeing. I have just enough dye to do the 15 yards. That will give me something to offer at the "Placemat Class" next week at the Museum. Then I'll need to restock my dye supply before an October dyeing session. I'm trying to get some fabric in stock for the winter, but recently have been selling it as soon as I dye it. (Nice problem to have)

Over the weekend, we went to the Jersey shore to watch the hurricane come in. This was not the original intent (as the trip was reserved in July), but that is how it worked out. We went to Cape May Point in the middle of the storm. It was amazing! I felt like someone from the Weather Channel. The wind was wild and the rain was so hard and had bits of sand in it (stung like crazy). But it was a reminder of how small we are against nature. There must be a quilt in there somewhere.

Will post again soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf