Saturday, September 30, 2006

 

Rockin' Lancaster Auction Nite



What a nice event! There's my quilt in the back of the shot. There were over 50 items sold at the auction; most of them were full size or child size wooden rocking chairs. It was really exciting to see all of the rockers and other pieces of art all together. Here's a wider shot of the room...



There was an artists reception first and then the main event. They were serving red Rockin' Martinis (very smooth going down and then give you a kick later on!) Lots of gourmet munchies. And of course the rockers. Each one with its own personality and style. My quilt went to a nice family, so I am able to emotionally part with it. It's sort of silly, but when you spend so much time with a quilt, you do get attached in a weird sort of way.

But now on to other things. I have a commission I am starting. Did some prep work, went fabric shopping with the client. It has a hard deadine of December 18, but is totally doable.

I leave Wednesday for Farmington, CT to American Quilt Study Group seminar. I hope to get my brain full of good info, as the folks who attend this event are the best in the country. When I get home next Sunday, I have to get in the dye pit big time. I have fabric to prepare for the Virginia classes and ordering supplies for the workshop. Many things to do.

Comments:
That is a really cool photo of the art auction! Hope you had a good time and you guys raised lots of moola!
 
I love your quilt! sounds like a great trip.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf