Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Teaching, Drawing & Wasting Time


I'm teaching at the museum tomorrow, and have packed everything except the sink. A class on placemats with multiple finishes. We have 3 signed up. The nice thing about smaller classes is that we get the project completed and usually have some time to fool around with some other techniques.

This is a drawing I'm working on. Don't know what it's going to be yet. I have an idea, but can't decide on the execution. Fused or painted.

My husband got me this for my birthday last week. The sound is incredible, but it is another electronic gadget that draws you in and before you know it 2 hours is gone. This is an example of how I got sucked in today.... There was a folder in the Ipod called On-The-Go. So I stuck Prince's Little Red Corvette in there. Then I thought, Hmmm...there's the Who "Going Mobile". Steppenwolf "Born to Be Wild". Johnny Cash "I've Been Everywhere". Tracy Chapman "Fast Car". Rob Zombie "Never Gonna Stop" (that's the song about My Durango).....

I guess you see where this is going. I have to admit it is fun, but you can really waste time with this thing.

Comments:
Little Red Corvette is a classic, I was listening to it just the other day! How about Johnny Cash's "ring of fire" one of my favs.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf