Monday, September 25, 2006

 

What's Goin' Down

I've been working on my son's Civics project. I think we finally have it under control. Dyl is on the autistic spectrum...which means he has some characteristics of autism, but not all. Mostly, it is relegated to the language area. He doesn't always understand what you say, can't express himself well enough to get along in the regular world, and therefore has serious social issues. Actually, maybe we're the ones with the social issues, because Dyl really doesn't care what anyone thinks. He's very happy in his world; it's the rest of us with the "problem".

We had a quilt guild meeting on Saturday. George Sicialiano (the miniature quilt guy) came and did his enjoyable presentation. Way too many pieces for me, but it is intriguing. I might have to try it sometime.

We then went to an open house at a local alpaca farm. Those critters are just too cute. They had a few in a small pen away from their other alpaca friends. When they get nervous, they make this humming noise. Dyl really liked the noise.

Today, I've spent digging out of paperwork from the past four days and getting ready to pay the business's final bills of the month and payroll. Don't know where September went.

Next Wed. I leave for Farmington, CT to American Quilt Study Group seminar. These folks are the real heavyweights of the quilt history world and I hope to learn a lot from them.

Hopefully, will have some work to show later this week.

Comments:
I love what you said about your son not caring about what anyone else thinks...that we all have the problem, not him. My son (Asperger's Syndrome) is the same way. Luckily, he mostly gets along socially (although he's considered weird by his classmates), after years of my teaching him the "rules." Now he will occasionally wave at a classmate instead of just making secret eye movements :-).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf