Monday, October 09, 2006

 

I Am Such A Tourist

Back from AQSG (American Quilt Study Group)Seminar. It was held in Farmington, CT, at the Hartford Marriott Farmington. It only took about 4 1/2 hours to get there. Here's a couple of shots of the Hudson River at 60 miles an hour....


Since I had some extra time, I decided to stop in Litchfield, CT. Now here's a town right out of New England. It absolutely looked like photos in Yankee Magazine. The quaint little downtown area...(complete with a Talbot's)...

And is this quintessential New England, or what?


This is where the real tourist comes in. In fact, it's more like something my grandmother would do... Before you think I'm totally nuts, I would like to relate that I am still shell-shocked from the hotel I stayed in at Paducah last spring...dirty, smoke-filled, wallpaper peeling...and $130 a nite.
THIS room was $99 a nite.....

Nice "facilities" too....

And a view of the courtyard....


Besides all of the terrific speakers (my head is swimming with the information)...We took a side trip to Mark Twain's house in Hartford....Very nice digs...


And by golly Harriet Beecher Stowe's house was right across the yard from his...

Both were very nice inside, but alas, no photos allowed.

I also can't show you photos from the Seminar either, copyright being what it is these days. But if you have any interest in historical quilts and fabrics, AQSG is the group to which you need to belong.

On the road home....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf