Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

When A Good Idea Goes Bad


I have been working on these blocks for the past 3 days. Fortunately, I did not get too far. They aren't even worth saving.

Here was the good idea....I would enter a kind of funky traditional quilt at Kutztown next year and sell it to fund my other quilty activities. I came up with a design on EQ5. Every block was curved...New York Beauty, Robbing Peter to Pay Paul and some other unknown block. Here are the "Pete" blocks. In the trashcan where they belong.

The upside of this little adventure. First, I learned that I get bored with making things that I'm really not "sold" on. (Duh!) Second, why waste time on doing that? (Double Duh!) Third, cutting templates is a total drag. Fourth, why waste time doing something that is totally agitating?

Kutztown may not see a quilt from me this year, but at least I will be at peace. The next project is a small commission piece. After that is finished, I'll be on to other adventures, unless I start some in the meantime. Right now, I'm grieving over the Pete blocks in the trashcan, but they really are hopeless (and ugly too).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf