Friday, January 12, 2007

 

Finally!!!!



Thank heaven for youth. I've been moaning about my missing camera for nearly a month now. Went into the office this morning and mentioned that the camera was still missing. One of our highly observent staffers (Bryan) said, "That camera's been in one of the camera cases (video camera) for a long time. Here ya go. I figured Len (DH) wanted it in there for some reason." He was referring to my husband who has been saying, "I don't know where that camera is." Anyway, it's been found and now I can get my blogging back to normal. Sheesh.



Here is the beginning of the Perkiomen Valley quilt I started. It's going to take 100 of these split-9's. Pressing is a key issue with these bad boys. The best way I've found yet is to sew them into three rows, press the seam allowances within the row toward the split patch, sew the rows together and then press those seams open.

When I get to doing the split patches, I'll show my 2 methods. I haven't decided which one I like best. Actually, there is a third way, but there is no way I'm piecing together 2 half-square triangles, or using templates of any kind. Ick. If it can't be done with a ruler and rotary cutter, I don't do it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf