Sunday, February 04, 2007

 

Just Life & the Superbowl Turkey

School has been taking up a lot of time. Reading, taking notes, doing papers, yada, yada. But I guess if you're still moving, then you know you're alive. So I am definitely alive.

Last night was the Berks County Orchestra performance. My son Max was playing violin. He tried out totally on a whim and got in. He was so pleased, and so were we. They played 4 selections: the overture from Handel's Fireworks, The first movement form Symphony #25 by Mozart, The Berceuse and Finale from Stravinsky's Firebird Suite, and an Armed Forces Salute. All of the classical stuff was amazing (as an ex-classical music disc jockey, I feel I can say that they were so good, they sounded like any respectable orchestra I've heard). The Stravinsky (who is a hard composer for non-classical afficionados to listen to) had everyone in awe. You could have heard a pin drop. The Armed Forces salute was terrific. I am far from a flag-waving kinda gal (I mean, I love my country, but I don't feel I need to wear a flag pin on every garment), but this particular piece made up of the themes of the main branches of the military was extremely moving and touching. All of that, plus, my son was the handsomest on the stage (in my opinion) and they all looked so professional and polished for a bunch of high school kids. I was impressed.

On the quilt front...hmmm. Well, not much. I am currently writing a paper on Mathematics and Quilting which is due on Thursday. I did spend some quality time with four of my reference books (I knew I was buying lots of books for a reason!) and some interesting websites. I am just not caught up at the moment.

So then to add to the fun, I decided to take the free turkey I got for spending money at the Giant food store and de-frost him for today's dinner. A Superbowl Turkey. I'm going to stick his butt in a turkey oven bag and cook him. Hopefully it will provide several no fuss meals.

So that's it for now. Back to the paper. Recruit children to break up bread for stuffing. Rotate laundry. Back to life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf