Friday, April 20, 2007

 

Quick

A quick post...I'm heading to Gettysburg with Dawn Heefner tomorrow. There is going to be a quilt event at Boyd's Bears (never have been there). Dawn was asked to appraise quilts and invited me to help. A wonderful opportunity to work with an appraiser with a huge amount of talent! I'm really looking forward to this.

Anyway, got all of the fabric cut for the split nine. I need to sew about 80 squares together to cut up into half-square triangles, then all of the pieces will be ready to finish the last 74 blocks.

Went to QHC last Saturday. Went back to the Quilt National exhibit 3 times. It's always so inspiring. There was this one quilt with beets on it that kept calling me back. I didn't buy much: thread, fabric marker, and some ink.

We're leaving for Epcot on Friday, as my son is playing with the high school orchestra and we all decided to tag along. It's not one of those places I've been dying to go to, but the price was right, the boys are getting older, so we figured why not. Lucky the cat gets to vacation at Country Pet Hideaway. They always say he is a model cat (an act he puts on to make me look like a liar).

Oh and I took my last test for Art History, so that class is over. Two more quizzes and one paper for Math...If I keep up the good work I won't have to take the final. I hope, I hope.

Comments:
The beets was one of my favorites. I think it was done by Kit Vincent.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf