Tuesday, April 03, 2007

 

School Daze

Believe me...there is quilting content here.....

I am taking a math class that is hazardous to my health. I have a quiz once a week. This week it covered over 50 pages of reading and 78 power point slides. Out of this, the quiz is only 10 questions. After I'm through, all I want to do is either have a big ol' glass of wine or go head first into a bag of Double Stuff Oreos. Be proud dear readers....I didn't do either today...yet.

Anyway, Quilt Content.....I went to Winterthur on Saturday for their Quilts in A Material World conference. What a terrific day. Linda Eaton (the curator at Winterthur) organized a wonderful event and also currated the show of some of Winterthur's collection. I got to hook up with friends from American Quilt Study Group. They served us a terrific lunch and reception. The quilts were wonderful...real old stuff that as an appraiser I never see. The speakers were dynamite. Just a really nice day. Hope they make it an annual event.

I am going to cut fabric tonight. Goal...finish the rest of the cutting for the half-square quilt.

Comments:
Hang in there, the semester is almost over. I've been having similar problems with my own classes this semester, but I keep on telling myself -- it's almost over!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf