Saturday, August 04, 2007

 

Finished

It has been so long since my last entry, I barely remembered my log in ID and password. I have learned many things this summer which I will share.

1. Summer classes are hard. The last time I took summer classes was in 1984. I was MUCH younger then and able to multitask better. I have been trying desparately to cram as many classes as possible into my schedule and I have found my limit. I started with a 6 week class in American History-Post 1860. Some weeks we had to read 200 pages. Now, mind you, this is not Harlequin Romance material. This is US History. Tough reading. I will say that the professor chose a textbook which was as readable as one could have hoped for. That class started May 26 and ended July 2. I also took a 12 week Geology class with a lab component (4 credits). That started May 26 and just ended yesterday. Then beginning July 6 I took Contemporary Moral Problems. Writing, writing, writing. Reading. and Thinking about stuff that gives one headaches. That just ended yesterday. I have spent many many hours in front of the computer. I have not touched a sewing machine since June 3. I am losing my mind. I have not dyed any fabric during these wonderously hot wonderful dyeing days this summer. I have been sitting in front of a computer writing papers.

This degree is something I need to complete. I feel very strongly about that. But I also feel that I will not take more than 2 classes in the summer again. It is way too intense. My husband says that if he had to do as much work as I have been doing he never would have graduated. He thinks that I would do better to take some classes locally and transfer them in instead of doing them online. I don't know. Take it from me...Online classes are hard. You have to be very disciplined and able to stick to a daily schedule.

Enough bellyachin'...I have finally gotten to get caught up on my reading. One of my favorite artists is Susan Shie. She has just posted a new edition of her diary which I always look forward to. Some of my other favorites are Melody Johnson Mrs. Mel has just moved to Tennessee and has a lovely new home. Then we have Pam RuBert Check out her blog and wonderful art.

Elder son got accepted to a special week for young entrepreneurs at Lycoming College. Today is being spent readying him for that experience. Beginning tomorrow night, I will be trying to catch up on our business paperwork which has gotten sorely behind due to this last week being finals for 2 of my classes. Well, I am off to iron some shirts and pants so that my son doesn't look like a slob in front of total strangers. It's a mom thing. I hope to have something artsy to show real soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf